- This will be the sixth generation model of the Volkswagen Polo
- The new-gen Polo will come to India next year
- It will be built on Volkswagen’s MQB platform
The New Volkswagen Polo will be unveiled to the world on 16th June, 2017. This will be the sixth generation Polo and will be coming to India next year as well. Being a completely new-generation, the new VW Polo will sport a new exterior design and will also be slightly bigger than the model currently on sale. The new Volkswagen Polo has been spotted testing many a times as well. Volkswagen says that the design language on the new Polo will complement the sporty demeanour of the car. In fact, the company also released a few teaser images of the new Polo and the Yellow colour surely puts the cheer in the new Polo car.
Here are some important things you should know about the new Polo car.
- The first and the most important thing is that the new-gen VW Polo will now be manufactured having the versatile MQB A0 platform as its underpinning. This is the same platform, which also underpins the newly launched Volkswagen Tiguan in India. The previous generation Volkswagen Polo was built on the PQ25 platform.
(New-Generation Volkswagen Polo)
- The silhouette of the car has changed. The new VW Polo has grown bigger and the wheelbase too has increased by 90 mm, from 2,470 mm to 2,550 mm. The width has increased by a fair margin too. Of course, the car will continue to be less than 4 metres in length. The cabin will have more room than the outgoing generation of the Polo.
- As far as connectivity is concerned, the top trims of the new VW Polo will have a 9.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system which will have smartphone integration in the form on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. There will be other connectivity options as well, depending on the trim level.
(This is the base model of the new-gen Polo. Notice the halogen headlamps)
- As far as engine options are concerned, the new-gen Polo will have the 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine when it goes on sale in India. We might also see the sportier GT variants of the Polo in due course of time.
- The new-generation Polo will also form the basis of the new-gen Vento and the new-gen Ameo as well.